Cipher- name of the speciality:
For the Department of Foreign Philology and Translation Studies of the 2020-2021 academic year, following educational program 6В02303 – Foreign Philology was developed under the Major-Minor project.
On the educational program 6В02303 – Foreign Philology:
Major – Foreign Philology
Minor – Journalism consists of the following disciplines:
- Introduction to journalism
- Language and style of mass communication
- Genre types and functions of modern journalism
- Media ethics
- Journalistic skills
- Digital journalism
Minor – English in the service sector consists of the following disciplines:
- Basics of professional activity
- Professional terminology
- Business correspondence
- Design thinking
- Specialized Business English
- English for employees
Accreditation (year of passage, period passing):
Based on the results of the non-commercial external expert commission’s verification, the “Independent Agency for Accreditation and Rating”, conducted in October 2017, successfully passed specialized accreditation for 5 years.(The certificate is valid from 20.11.2017 to 19.11.2022, Registration number is АВ1319).
Full-time: 4 years, 3 years;
Correspondence: 3 years, 2.5 years.
The awarded degree:
6В02303 – Bachelor of Foreign philology
Sphere of professional activity:
The bachelor-philologist can carry out the professional activity in the field of philological education as the teacher of foreign languages and literature in secondary profile and professional educational institutions of the humanitarian direction. Bachelor of Philology can work in scientific organizations as a philologist-researcher.
Objects of professional activity:
– primary and secondary professional educational institutions;
– editors office of newspapers and magazines, radio and television, publishing houses;
– profile scientific organizations, libraries, cultural organizations.
Subject of professional activity:
– the professional activity in the field of philological education as the teacher of foreign languages and literature;
– the professional activity in the field of Mass Media, scientific organizations as a philologist-researcher.
Types of professional activity:
– organizational and managerial.
Another area of professional activity of graduates is work in service and contract organizations of the oil and gas industry, the Ministry of Emergency Situations, Gosgortekhnadzor, environmental and monitoring organizations, and consulting organizations.
Base of practice:
Lingvocentre “Darina”, Training center “ISMA” LLP “DreamBuilders”, Training center “BEST”, Training center “Cinquain”,LLP “International training”, Training centre “Interlingua”.