Code – name of the major:
For the Department of Foreign Philology and Translation Studies of the 2020-2021 academic year, following educational program 6В02302 – Translation Studies was developed under the Major-Minor project.
On the educational program 6В02302 – Translation studies:
Major – Translation Studies
Minor – The organization of tourism activities consists of the following disciplines:
- Resort business,
- Excursion studies
- Geography of international tourism
- Visa and tourism booking services
- Tourist and recreational potential of the Aktobe region.
Accreditation process (year of advancing, stage of advancing):
Based on the results of the non-commercial external expert commission’s verification, the “Independent Agency for Accreditation and Rating”, conducted in December 2017, successfully passed specialized accreditation for 5 years (The certificate is valid from 22.12.2017 to 21.12.2022, Registration number is АВ1500).
Full-time: 4 years
Bachelor of Humanitarian knowledge on the academic program 6В02302 – Interpreting and translation.
Sphere of professional activity:
– administrative and managerial sphere;
– the sphere of education and science;
– the sphere of culture and intercultural communication;
– the sphere of international relations;
– the sphere of publishing;
– the sphere of mass media;
– information and analytical sphere in other areas.
Objects of professional activity:
The objects of professional activity of graduates are: cultural institutions, international organizations, various information and analytical services, embassies and missions, ministries, tourism agencies, publishing houses, translation offices and other organizations and enterprises.
Subject of professional activity:
Original texts of different genres and styles in different types of translation.
Kinds of professional activity:
– translation (translation of texts and documents in different genres, interpretation of negotiations, international meetings, conferences);
– organizational (organization and conduct of various kinds of events, the creation of professional and public organizations);
– production and management (management and / or execution of professional duties (various types of transfer) in the relevant divisions of domestic, foreign and joint ventures and organizations;
– information-analytical (implementation of socio-political analysis, compilation of business correspondence, reports, reviews, forecasts of the situation, editing of translations);
– research (collection and processing of practical material, preparation of reports and articles on problems of translation studies and intercultural communication).
Base of practice:
Intense Pro Translation Agency, OilTekhnoGroup LLP, Ada Oil LLP, KazMunaiGaznimderi LLP, Ratek EAGE, ELS Language Center, TeploGasService.